1. Interpretation and Definitions
Data Controller means, for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), Norsk Hjemme, and as the Data Controller of your Personal Data, we determine the purposes and means by which your Personal Data are, or are to be processed and stored;
Data Subject means any identified or identifiable natural person who is the subject of Personal Data;
Personal Data means any information, which on its own or combined with other information, relates to and identifies, whether directly or indirectly, a living individual;
Site refers to our website located at https://norskhjemme.com
Services refers to services offered by Norsk Hjemme, namely, the provision of online language courses and translation services.
2. Collection of Personal Data
We will only collect Personal Data that is necessary for and directly related to the provision of our Services. There are two types of data that we collect:
(i) Information You Provide to Us
We ask for and collect information, including Personal Data, about you when you register for our Services. This information may include but is not limited to contact information such as your name, age, address, email address, phone number, country, and other information as necessary for us to deliver the Services that you have purchased. In the case where you choose not to provide us with certain information, we may not be able to provide you with the requested Services.
(ii) Information We Collect Automatically
3. Sensitive or Special Categories of Personal Data
Different rules apply to the process of Personal Data concerning race, ethnic origin, political opinions or beliefs, religious or other beliefs, trade union memberships, physical or mental health, sexual life or orientation, and any offenses committed. We do not require, collect, or process such sensitive or special categories of Personal Data.
4. Use of Personal Data
We will only process and use your Personal Data where we are permitted to do so by applicable laws. Under the GDPR, the use of your Personal Data must be justified under one of several legal grounds. The principal legal ground that justifies our use of your Personal Data are:
• Contract Performance: The use of your Personal Data may be necessary for us to provide you with the Services.
• Legitimate Interests: We may use your Personal Data to achieve a legitimate interest. In such circumstances, it is for us to ensure that these interests are not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms.
• Legal Obligations: We may use your Personal Data if such information is necessary for us to comply with our legal obligations.
• Legal Claims: We may use your Personal Data if such information is necessary for us to defend, prosecute or make a claim against us, you, or a third party.
In accordance with the legal grounds set out above, we may use your Personal Data in the following ways:
(i) To Provide, Improve and Develop our Services
• Enables you to access and use our Services;
• Enables us to deliver the content of our Site correctly;
• Enables us to manage your requests to us;
• Enables us to contact you by email or other equivalent forms of electronic communications;
• Enables us to maintain and continuously upgrade the quality of our Services;
• Enables us to provide customer service, respond to your inquiries, facilitate payment, logistics, and after-sales services; and
• Enables us to optimize our Services and user experience by performing analytics and research.
(ii) To Provide, Personalize, Measure and Optimize our Advertising and Marketing
• Enables us to provide you with news, special offers, and general information about Services unless you have opted not to receive such information.
(iii) To Provide a Safe Website for Users and to Safeguard our Services and your Personal Data
• Enables us to detect and prevent fraud, spam, abuse, security incidents, and other harmful activities;
• Enables us to verify or authenticate information or identifications provided by you;
• Enables us to comply with and fulfill our legal obligations to users;
• Allows us to stop unauthorized access to our Services and the distribution of malicious virus, malware, or software program on our Site; and
• Enables us to provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of cyber-attacks.
5. Disclosure of Personal Data
We may share your Personal Data in the following situations:
(i) Third Party Service Providers
We may share your Personal Data with third-party service providers to monitor and analyze your use of our Site, to advertise on third-party websites to you after you have visited our Site, to facilitate payment processing, and/or to contact you. These third-party service providers have access to your Personal Data only to carry out their specified task, and they are obligated not to disclose or use your Personal Data for any other purpose.
(ii) Email Marketing
(iii) Payment Processors
(iv) Affiliates and Partners
(v) Third Parties Permitted By Law
Under certain circumstances, we may also share your Personal Data where disclosure is legally permissible and necessary, and this includes, but is not limited to (i) preventing, investigating, or taking action against illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of our agreements, or as otherwise required by law; and (ii) defending our legal rights, responding to lawful court orders, subpoenas, warrants, or other requests by public authorities (including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
(vi) Business Transfers
6. International Transfers
7. Storage and Retention of Personal Data
8. Security of Personal Data
9. Access and Correction of Personal Data
1. Access. You have the right to request for a copy of the Personal Data that we are processing about you.
2. Correction. You have the right to rectify or correct any incomplete or inaccurate Personal Data that we hold about you.
3. Right to Object: You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for processing your Personal Data or if we are processing your Personal Data to send you direct marketing materials.
4. Restriction: You have the right to restrict us from processing your Personal Data if you think the Personal Data is inaccurate (until or unless such Personal Data is corrected or confirmed to be correct), if the processing is unlawful, or if it is no longer necessary for us to process the Personal Data, subject to any legal or other obligation that we have that overrides your rights herein.
5. Deletion: You have the right to request that we delete Personal Data that we do not have a legal basis to hold.
6. Data Portability: You have the right to obtain Personal Data we hold about you, in a structured, electronic format, and to transmit such data to another data controller, provided that it is Personal Data that you provided to us and the processing is carried out by automated means or is based on your consent or for contract performance.
7. Withdraw Consent: You have the right to withdraw your consent to us using and processing your Personal Data. However, if you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide you with access with our Services.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests, and we reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for processing any data access or correction request.
10. Tracking Technologies and Cookies
By means of a cookie, the information and offers on our Site can be optimized with the user in mind. Cookies allow us, as previously mentioned, to recognize our Site users. The purpose of this recognition is to make it easier for users to utilize our Site. Cookies can be “Persistent” or “Session” Cookies. Persistent Cookies remain on your personal computer or mobile device when you go offline, while Session Cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
11. Links to Other Sites
12. Children’s Privacy
14. Contact Us
Norsk Hjemme Limited
Unit 1603, 16th Floor
The L. Plaza
367-375 Queen’s Road Central
Sheung Wan, Hong Kong